Re: RC: speaking of pulling . . .

If that is the horse's first 50, I would just do the 50 and call it a day.  How old is she?

My 14.1 hand TWH, who is just 6, did his first race this weekend and it was a 50 with a junior rider who was riding her first race also.  It turned out to be a lot tougher race than we thought but he and the rider did great.  He came across the finish line pacing his little heart out and happy as he could be.  He walks, gaits, paces, trots or whatever else he feels like and we just let him.  Now he gets a rest before we do any more rides.....