Cruel Shoes?

Cruel Shoes... Hey, wasn't that a Steve Martin skit from way back?!
;-)

OK, I've been following this thread since it started, primarily based
on my interest in the topic.  From the digests I've read recently
(and some not-so-recently), I can't for the life of me find any posts
where someone came out and said that.  Maybe someone did and I
completely missed it, and if that's the case, please copy, paste and
send it to me so that I may stand corrected.  Gee, not even *I*
believe that shoeing is cruel or inherently evil!

Ridecamp exists to accomplish many things... to inspire, to motivate,
to educate, and among other things, to share ideas and experiences.
I seriously doubt that Ridecamp is the right forum for inflammatory
hyperbole, as it does nothing in the way of educating people and
serves little more than perpetuating misinformation and trying to
"get personal"  with either topics or the people sharing in them.

I can't help but feel that some folks on this forum take some things
waaaay too personally instead of merely accepting whatever exchange
of ideas and experiences that are being discussed as being just that
and nothing more.  If someone wants to share their "fly-free"
experiences that may or may not be a result of having their horse/s
barefoot, then that's OK.  Are they presenting these experiences as
scientifically proven fact or Gospel truth?  No.  They are *just*
experiences.  Did they rule out any other variables?  Not that I can
recall.  And it's perfectly OK if someone wonders if it's more than
just a correlation or not... that's the only way they'd get any
feedback on it one way or the other in order for that person to come
to their own conclusion.  Trust me, I just *wish* that my barefoot
horse shared in the same wondrous phenomenon, but alas, those buggers
are just as friendly to us as before.  Susan, what do you think?  A
garlic deficiency?!  :-)

So, it's OK to disagree (as we all know!), so long as your public
disagreement is based on something with merit.  Let's try to keep the
alarmist approaches to replying for some other forum.

Just *my* observation... nothing more, nothing less.

Respectfully,

Tracey Ritter
Portland, OR