Chronicle commentary

I want to thank Steve for posting the article from the Chronicle of
the Horse by John Strassburger, editor of the magazine.  John
spent several days before and during the PAC talking to riders,
chefs, vets, officials, etc.  This was his first "up-close-and-
personal" experience with endurance riding and he picked up on
the issues at hand right off.  He hopes to ride the SC 50 this
November so he can REALLY get a feel for the sport.  Isn't it great
to have someone that interested in what we do!  John understands
that having a voice in one's sport is critical to it's future, and if you
have read The Chronicle, he lives up to just that.  One of the points
made in Vermont was that a championship ride need not be loops
back to the same hold in order to be fair to all.  In fact, we
demonstrated that on-trail crewing could also be fair not to mention
a benefit to the horses.  I am hoping that those who came to
Vermont saw that we did not have to give up our sport just to have
a FEI championship ride.  Kudos to those that helped keep the
Vermont tradition of endurance riding intact for the PAC!!
John and Sue Greenall
mailto:greenall@vermontel.net
http://www.vermontel.com/~greenall