Mashed Maggot heads?

Ok, I'm serious about this. Today I was looking through Tom Ivers The Fit Racehorse 2 and came across something. Acient Egypt recorded the first use of proteolytic enzymes, which break down proteins, to fight inflammation- derived frommashed maggot heads. Unlike bute, these enzymes are good for the digestive tract- if you can get those heads down! Results of 30 years of reliable studies show that these enzymes are quite effective and there cheap.      Suposibly pain, swelling, edema and recovery time are all increased with the taking.

Have any of you ever heard of this before? I'm not into supplements unless it's absulutly necesary. One more. I feed corn for Carbs but any recomendations on protein rich everyday food.

Calle