Re: RC: Re: Runners and horses

At 10:23 PM 1/25/01, Robyn wrote:
>I use the 10K and 20K as speed or faster training workouts to improve
>my  pace in the marathon.

What might the equivalent distances be for equines?

Does a 10K run = 25 mile LD?  Would that make a marathon = 50 miler, an
ultra-marathon = to a multi-day?

Or would a flat track race of say 1.5 miles be the equivalent of an LD,
making the 10K actually = to a
50 miler and a marathon = to a 100?

If we're using human runners' training info, shouldn't we be clear what the
equine equivalents might be?

Lif Strand
Quemado NM  USA
             Lif & Paul Strand  STRAND ENTERPRISES www.fasterhorses.com
           Web Page Design * Computer Graphics * Internet Research * Fine Art
                 Blue-Green Algae & other complementary health options
HERITAGE ENDURANCE RACE June 9, 2001 - http://www.fasterhorses.com/race.html