Runners and horses

Karla karperk1@home.com
I just read that human marathoners do not run 10K and 20K races, therefore horses should not be in LD if they are in fact 50 racers.  Please...have you ever been a marathoner?  When starting the season, the teams I ran with ran those "other" distance races often.  It was good race training, gave us the ability to go faster and harder, perhaps break out of a pace rut as we knew it would be over soon.  I know many, many distance runners who train that way.  Some weekends we ran 3 10K races.