cross breeds

I am ready to have my Arabian Mare foal to a Missouri Foxtrotter. I bred for this cross because I like to do endurance riding, have never been in a race, but would like to. I am a baby boomer (sounds so much kinder than to say I am over 50) with lots of past surgeries and broken bones. I love both breeds, and now that I have had the pure pleasure of the MFT's gait, I am hoping to bring the best of both worlds to the endurance.
I have had people tell me that there is no gait with the cross (actually only one person) to others, several that have said that there is definitely a gait that is much smoother than a hard trot. MFT's were also bred for endurance and they have such a willing and gentle disposition.
My question is, Has anyone had any experience in endurance riding with this type of cross?  My mare is due in Mid March.
amber