From: Jim Holland [mailto:lanconn@tds.net]
Sent: Monday, January 22, 2001 4:22 PM
To: Kathy Mayeda; Ridecamp
Subject: Re: Slower Ld's

Kathy, I can assure you that's not true. An Endurance Ride is not a good
place to teach your horse control.  It's a lot safer for you and your
horse to teach him to relax and listen under more controlled
circumstances.   Another disadvantage here is that he's burning a lot of
energy he will need later in the ride...he doesn't know how far you are
planning to go!. Your horse will probably NOT get better "doing it".
Please take the time to teach him calm down cues.  I get queasy scraping
people off the turf.....

Jim and Sun of Dimanche