Re: cross breeds

ÿþ<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META content="text/html; charset=unicode" http-equiv=Content-Type> <META content="MSHTML 5.00.2614.3500" name=GENERATOR> <STYLE></STYLE> </HEAD> <BODY bgColor=#ffffff> <DIV><FONT face=Moderne>Have not had the pleasure of experiencing "riding" this cross yet but have bred this cross.&nbsp; Last year 2 of our stallion's foals were out of gaited mares, a TWH and a MFT.&nbsp; Both foals are gaited and it is noticeable from the moment they start walking.&nbsp; No ifs, ands or buts about it!&nbsp; It was pronounced for a long time and eventually they also started trotting.&nbsp; My understanding is that if you want a&nbsp; gaited half Arab, you must breed a gaited MARE to an Arab stallion.&nbsp; One of our mares was bred to a gaited stallion (MFT) before we bought her.&nbsp;&nbsp; Foal does not gait.&nbsp; I have limited experience but in interviewing several people, the consensus is that you get the gait from the mare.&nbsp; Am interested in hearing other thoughts on the subject.&nbsp; We are hoping to bring these guys along for endurance riding someday....</FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT face=Moderne>Maggie</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>