----- Original Message -----
From: "Mieske" <mmieske@netonecom.net>

[snip]My understanding is that if you want a  gaited half Arab, you must
breed a gaited MARE to an Arab stallion.  One of our mares was bred to a
gaited stallion (MFT) before we bought her.   Foal does not gait.  I have
limited experience but in interviewing several people, the consensus is that
you get the gait from the mare.  Am interested in hearing other thoughts on
the subject.  We are hoping to bring these guys along for endurance riding
someday....
Maggie