Re: RC: Easy Boots, Overreaching, and Collection

At 06:55 AM 09/29/2001 -0700, you wrote:
>Jill Lynd tjlynd@montana.com
>First, my problem:
>      My horse wears and size 2 Easy Boot but the excess material, off the
>back of the boot, sticks out too far. When
>he trots, and sometimes at the walk, he overreaches far enough
>to catch that edge. How far can I trim that down before it
>becomes a problem with debris being kicked into the back of the
>boot?

Cut it down all the way if you have to.  Then, duct tape around the boot,
so that any gaps are sealed.  That'll help keep stuff out and also reduce
the chance of your horse stepping the boot off.

Here are pics of the duct tape/easyboot idea here, on one of my horses that
takes a size 2 easyboot too:

http://www.redwrench.com/EZboot/karen/karen4.html

Happy Trails,

Karen