Barefoot Info for Sue, Truman, etc.

depending on the cause
> of the laminitis/founder, who knows what else and getting your vet and
> farrier to work together in that treatment is truly the best of both
worlds.

I absolutely agree.  This year in clinics, the vet students are allowed
several weeks of 'independent study' where we can go find a source of
information that interests us in particular and work on that.  I'm really
lucky, I have a marvelous farrier that was thrilled to pieces to be asked by
an almost-vet to explain balance, movement, what different growth patterns
mean, which horses can be fixed and which just managed.  I knew it before,
but good trimming is an art and not one learned overnight.  I think the best
tool any equine vet can have in their toybox is the phone number of a really
good farrier. :-)

Susan G