How much trouble (was: Old Macs & Swiss Boots)

K S SWIGART  katswig@earthlink.net
Karen Chaton said:

> Is that why Kat finished the first day with one easyboot on, after
starting
> with 2 Old Macs on?  (if something new fails, go back to what
works....ROFL)

Weeeeelllll....almost.  It was me who started with four Old Macs
on and finished with three Old Macs and one EasyBoot (that I had
John watching like a hawk while we finished to make sure I didn't
lose it :)).  After which...I nailed on steel :).  Talk about going back
to what you know works.

The reason I replaced the Old Mac with an EasyBoot was because
EasyBoots are easier to carry in your saddle bag (yes, a definite
advantage) and can be used on either left or right feet (another
definite advantage), so it is what I had.  If I had had a spare
Old Mac, I would have replaced it with that (because then I wouldn't
have had to have John watch it to make sure it didn't come off :)).

..which it didn't.

To blithely suggest that there are "other products" out there
that are less trouble than EasyBoots indicates to me a lack of
experience with both EasyBoots and some of the "other products."

When it comes to the least amount of trouble in endurance competition
among the things that I have tried:

Steel shoes win, hands down.
EasyBoots come in a distant second.

All the "other products" that I have either tried or investigated
are either not in the running at all (the ones that other people
have tried and I have seen how they work for them and am there
fore pretty sure they won't work for me), or they are even more
trouble.

However, the Old Macs are showing to be  significantly less trouble
than EasyBoots for training (for the horses that have enough foot
that I can train them barefoot...that is the least amount of trouble,
and back in the days when I wasn't competing enough to wear off too
much foot, barefoot was the least amount of trouble for competition
as well).

kat
Orange County, Calif.