Re: Re: 75's,Was ROC is back

Maggie wrote: "...All of our Michigan rides also offer comp rides
concurrently through UMECRA and it's a mystery to me how they do it but
everything seems to go smoothly. ..."

As a ride  manager I can state without fear of contradiction, nothing about
a ride goes smoothly, but I hope that it is the impression we give the
riders.

It does help to have all checks in camp, great vets, different colored cards
for LD than endurance, and a numbering system that allows distinction
between rides.

With lots of volunteers it all seems to work out in the end, but for awhile
on Saturday when there are 3 events, each with its own set of rules, you do
wonder why you do it.

Ed and Wendy Hauser
1140 37th St.
Hudson, WI 54016