Re: 75's,Was ROC is back

Excellent points which is why I asked for input and seems like I'm gonna get
it!  I remember many people telling me that the tough spot is halfway or so
in the 2nd half of a 100 miler and that you get a second wind towards the
end.  All of our Michigan rides also offer comp rides concurrently through
UMECRA and it's a mystery to me how they do it but everything seems to go
smoothly.  Then again, our rides here are not as large as in other regions
so a 75 miler might well be done at a ride where there is also a 100 and the
vets have to stick it out anyway?  A 25 mile loop could be ideal for that.
What is the criteria for vet checks?  How many miles apart MUST they be
offered?  Just curious about those kinds of rules.  Anyway, thanks so much
for your input...lots of food for thought.  I don't think I will be ready
for a 100 for awhile...I am just getting to the point that 50s are
"easy"....easy in that I don't feel like I'm going to die when I finish!  :)
Maggie