Re: RC: forgetful? or need a doctor?

Rhonda, I once did a thirty mile ride, and the first thing I definitely
remembered after the start was trotting along, looking at a couple of
different colors of ribbons and trying to figure out which ones I was
supposed to be following.  I looked at my watch, and it was like 1:30PM, and
the ride had started at 8:30AM!.  Some riders caught up to me and asked them
what ribbons I was supposed to be following.  They asked me if I was doing
50, I said no 30.  They told me what ribbons to follow, and added  "You
better get moving if you want to complete, the cutoff is 2:30 and you still
have about 7 miles to go.  So I took off, and actually finished with about
one minute to spare!  When I got back, I had to ask people what had happened
that day, as I had no memory of it at all.  I looked at my helmet, and it was
a little dirty, but I didn't hurt anywhere, so I was pretty sure I hadn't
fallen off.

I had to go get a cat scan and an EEG before my boss was convinced I was
really OK.  I have a vague recollection of starting the ride, and getting as
far as the first water at about 4 miles, then nothing til about 22 miles.
People said I stayed in at camp when I came in for the vet check, and said I
didn't feel good, then decided I still had time to complete, so I went out
again.  Now that was scary!.

It sounds like you had a head injury with a loss of consciousness that
resulted in a short term amnesia.  Go to the doctor.  jeri