Re: RC: Re: Foot Pain - Neuroma

I also get a burning pain in my foot, just below the fourth toe.  I had a
real problem with it for a couple years.  It would appear while I was riding,
walking, driving, just whenever.  Never went to the doctor for it, so never
got an official diagnosis, but I do know it was a nerve pain from lots of
experience with nerve impingements (two cervical disk surgeries)  One thing
that somewhat relieved the pain when it occurred was to stretch my toes up
toward the roof of the shoe and also try to separate them as much as
possible.  It would make a little rice krispy sound then it would relieve the
pain for a while.  Then I stopped wearing a pair of work boots that seemed to
fit okay, but when I first got them, had a crowded feeling around the fourth
toe.  I have not had the pain more than once or twice since, with a new pair
of running shoes that I had to stretch out.  I would suggest trying a wider
shoe, or one with a bigger toe box.  I think the problem starts with wearing
shoes that don't fit properly.  Shoes should not need to be "broke in".  They
should fit without pain, and you should have about 1/2" of room between your
toes and the end of the shoe.  jeri