Fibromyalgia/Loving Life

Since our medical histories, maladies and other ailments are often personal and private subjects to discuss, I have received many private emails regarding my original inquiry about Fibromyalgia.  It's heartwarming to know that there are so many people willing to share their personal struggles with me, virtually a "stranger" to many!

The common link between us all here on Ridecamp is our love and passion for horses and our desire to explore our country (and for an exceptional few the world!) via the back of our trustworthy steeds.  I am feeling a bit emotional tonight, so bear with me!  Since I was a little girl, my dreams only consisted of owning a horse.  I had girlfriends who were far more fortunate than me and I'd accompany them to the stables and pray for the opportunity to borrow someone's horse or pony.  At twelve, I finally got my very own pony. "Mr. Peabody" was his name and we traversed the San Fernando Valley (yes, there were dirt roads back then!), followed the railroad tracks and gloriously passed the hours together enjoying our companionship.

Tonight I attended the funeral of my boyfriend's sister.  She was only 43 yrs. old and died of heart failure.  She had triple bypass surgery at 21 yrs. old and then just this last week they attempted another valve replacement and it was a failure.  As I sat and listened to the preacher, I thanked God for the gift of my horses.  They have brought me so much joy, given me patience when I've wanted to blow and stood by me through thick and thin.  I've always found solace when in their presence.  My Spiderman sings to me in the morning while I make him his beet pulp.  It's this funny little song that I imagine goes something like this:

Oh Mama I can hear you a comin and I don't want to wait no more,
Oh man you're com'in down from the casa and I can't hide all my joy.

Dear Mama, I'm so proud that I've found ya and I don't wanna to be alone,
Oh damn you got me so wrapped up I'm yours and yours alone.

Hey angel I'm so glad that I love you and I know that you share my joy,
Com'in down from the valley I have so much pride and more.

Take me out on the trail and I won't be on my own,
You never leave me when I'm down and tired, it's just so sad to be alone.

Hey daddy now we're gonna make it and I know you'll be so proud we've shown
Here's my Mama and she feels me a cry'in we're so glad were not alone!

May the spirit of the horse always be with you!
Nina Bomar