RE: A UAE Reader--Part 1 (Long and Dry)

I'm going to claim that this is endurance-related and
would be legitimate even without the WTC uncertainty.
The UAE are now a major force in International endurance
riding/racing, and their influence in FEI Endurance circles,
particularly the desire for Olympic standing for Endurance,
is going to have trickle down (if not flood down) effects
on FEI competition in the US and the conduct of AERC
competitions.  The question naturally arises, "Who *are*
these guys?!"

If Steph disagrees, she can shush me and I'll go quietly.

Linda,
I, for one, thank you. The data provided is very interesting. To quote Kat's
post from Dr Rupp of Columbia University:  "We are a community that
encompasses and affirms diversity.  We come from every ethnic and religious
tradition in this country and from many of the nations around the globe.  We
must continue to reach out across lines that mark unbridgeable divisions in
much of the world."  I think that the same can be said of endurance riders.
When I needed advice to help novices in Egypt, I came to Ridecamp and have
had the benefit of the experience of riders from all over the world. We owe
it to ourselves to learn more about our world and we have a unique
opportunity with the net. How else could we have learned so much in so
little time?

Maryanne Stroud Gabbani
Cairo, Egypt
maryanne@ratbusters.net