safety in hunting season

Cindy  Collins sunsetrim@hotmail.com
I'd like to echo that an inexpensive flame orange vest from WalMart or
some other discount store is the best thing to wear during hunting season.
Also, a bell is a good idea... not only for hunting season, but for bears.
Another thought is that while hunting season is certainly an inconvenience
to those of you who do not hunt, here in the mountain west, hunters can be
our best allies for keeping horses and horse trails on public lands.  Most
hunters here hunt on horseback.  BTW, personally, I've never heard of any
horse being shot while trail riding.  I'm sure that someone out there can
find a story to tell, but your horse is in more danger of being terrified
off a narrow trail by a hiker with a bright backpack  or a mountain biker
screaming down a narrow hill, than being shot out from under you by a
hunter. I realize that since I am a hunter, I am much more comfortable
than some of you during this season, but I really believe that your fears
are exaggerated.  Here in Wyoming, I'm much more worried about sharing my
trails with grizzly bears, wolves and rattlesnakes!  Have elk stew in the
crock pot for supper tonight!  Cindy, AERC #176, 7,000 miles (and many
riding during hunting season)