Re: Re: The beauty of democracy

> And the post that inspired my musings on the Adams family  was one which
> urged

Thanks for these comments.  It just so happens I'm one of the Adam's family
granddaughters (times many generations) descended directly down from John,
Samuel, John Quincy, etc etc (and obviously proud of it) and it's nice to
see the original wisdom hasn't been entirely forgotten.

My husband was literally one of the very first naval reserve officers to be
recalled back into active duty, he was already doing a month of reservist
duty at Pearl when all this happened and, well, he just won't be coming home
anytime soon.  So I'm all for getting this over with as quickly as possible,
but there are some lines you simply cannot cross and still call yourself
America.

I just happen to look up at the display shelf in my office at a very, very
old and beautiful pair of opera glasses that belonged to John Adams and were
passed down through the family until they came to me just a few years ago.
God willing that our leader's eyes have the same vision, wisdom and
constraint as those that originally looked through those glasses.  Two
hundred years from now, people won't judge America by those we vaporized,
but those we made an effort not to.

JMO.

Susan G