RE: Terrorist attack, FYI

FYI:
Below is an email I received this morning from a friend of mine who is a
retired Lt-Colonel, Air Force Intelligence:

"If these guys were like most military operations, their funding probably
came from several sources of sponsorship of extreme radical groups and
causes.  They probably were under the operational planning and control of
one of several groups like the one bin Laden uses.  All this means "pointing
a finger" and "proving who" are going to be somewhat elusive and possibly
futile efforts.  And, all that is before the sovereignty of foreign nations
gets challenged in support of surrendering the potentially responsible
individuals.  And, bombing the cities that have hosted or sheltered these
terrorists would have to include places like Boston.  Terrorism is a dirtier
business than even guerilla warfare.  And even less satisfying to fight.

The ironic thing is this was a very mild attack compared to the worries and
concerns our defense and intelligence community has been worried about for
at least ten years.  This was a cheap, fast, one-hit attack.
With a little more talent, a biological hit would have probably been much
more effective against one of our major population centers.  Fortunately, so
far, our terrorist extremists haven't had much technological, scientific, or
engineering talent."