Re: RE: Re: RE: Sierra Club?

Perhaps you are aware that the bicyclists joined forces with the horsemen to acquire the right of way to connect Henry Cowell Park with Grey Whale and Wilder Park.  The City Council, staffed at the time with some pretty die-hard anti-horse people, finally yielded to the pressure and allowed ROW.  My brother-in-law and his wife built the U-Con trail from Grey Whale, through UCSC to Henry Cowell that allows access to all that riding area, and allows the Fireworks ride to exist.  The occasional bicyclist is not considerate, but I think most are

Barbara.
----- Original Message -----
From: Kathy Mayeda
To: Howard Bramhall ; ridecamp@endurance.net
Sent: Tuesday, September 11, 2001 9:08 AM
Subject: RC: RE: Re: RE: Sierra Club?

Most bicyclists in the West are pretty cool about horses, and most horses are pretty cool about bicycles.  (Real fun on a green horse, though.)  I believe there are a couple of instances where bicyclists joined forces - or at least had cooperative educational ventures - with equestrians.  At the Fireworks Ride, the bicyclists were part of the volunteer force.  Most hikers don't see enough horses so when they do see us, it's a total novelty.  And hunters?  We don't shoot Bambi in our neck of the woods.  Have to go to more remote regions of California before the Bambi's fear for their life from humans.  Most deer around here are pretty brazen.  It's a good thing my horse shares the same pasture with them!

K.