Those Damn Generators

OK, my fellow ridecampers, I just returned from my Georgia trek, and wow.  The weather was so much nicer than that nasty Florida summer stuff I had to return to.  Peace, quiet, restful UNTIL THOSE DAMN GENERATORS cranked up.  I had one to the north of me and one to the east and it was like quadraphonic stereo rapppppp music.  My getting in touch with nature and bonding with my horses just came to a ear blasting overture, climatical conclusion.  I was not a happy camper.

Why on earth do these things have to be so loud?  And why on earth have we decided this is how we want to commune with nature and do our endurance camping?  I know I'm one of the few tent people left; I can accept that fact.  And I'm glad ya'll got so much money you can go out and spend 30, 40 or 50 grand, or more, so you can take your living room couch, stereo, TV, microwave, washing machine, Jacuzzi, bath tub, swimming pool along with you.  But that damn generator that you use to power everything up has just got to go.

I have no trouble with you bringing along your luxury items, but to be quite frank, the only time I envy you is when the temperature gets below freezing and my tent turns into an igloo. When things hit the survival stage, go ahead run your generator to keep yourslef from freezing to death.  Other than that I think some of you just might be missing out.  If I wanted all those luxury items to tag along with me, I would have stayed home.

Anyway, why on earth can't they make generators that are not as loud as the ones I seem to be camping next to?  Our great country has yet to put out a decent air cooled combustible engine, except for, maybe, Harley Davidson and John Deere.  I own 4 lawn mowers and every one of them has turned into a piece of dung.  But none of them, when running, take on the decibel level of those God awful generators.  Even Bernie's dog, Lucky, spent most of the weekend with his paws covering his ears from the stupid noise.

Well, if you want to get rid of me and keep me out of endurance, I think this is the answer.  It put a real damper on what otherwise would have been a beautiful weekend.  But if everyone's gonna start going that way than I'm just going to have to reconsider the whole thing.  My ears, what's left of them, just can't handle it.  And this isn't the way I want to spend my time.  Heck, you can't even have a decent conversation with those things running.  Is this really acceptable to anyone?  If it's the future, than I plan on living in the past.  Cause I ain't going down that highway; no way, no how.

cya,
Howard