killers and unwanted Arabian horse

It makes me sick to know there are elite quality athlectic Arabian horse (or any breed!) waiting in a meat yard.  Folks, think back to WWI  and WWII...what horse lovers did and sacrificed to get our beloved across the Atlantic and out of the clutches of enemies and starving locals....
History is repeating itself and it has nothing to do with war and starvation.  Has everything to do with American's "easy come, easy go "mentality.  "Easy" is the operative word.  Only folks that don't have it "easy" are the ones busting their behinds off to get ahead.  And we would live in the back of our pickup trucks if it meant hanging on to our beloved equines friends.
Excellant Arabians in the meat yards, while show ring breeder enthusiasts? are selling weanlings for $20,000 to 40,000...Hey, they may end up in that yard too.  But not trot 10miles...too sad.
Like other post says, we may not want to know:((
Beth and Clann Gunn