Re: camping

Title: Re:  camping
Carla Lawson robcarla@bellsouth.net

concern is how are we going to keep warm if the temp drops. We will be
staying in our trailer. It has little insulation.  I told him we could run a electric heater until we had to turn the generator off.
Well what about if it gets cold agian? I said we should have enough
blankets and clothing that we won't have to worry...THIS COMES FROM SOMEONE WHO HAS TO SLEEP WITH THE HOUSE 60 DEGREES!!!

Running a generator after 8pm. . .  Yep.  Sudden death.

I have this problem in Central Texas, only it's with needing cool.  I charge the battery in my trailer and run a fan.

If it's really bad, I have a stealth generator (a cute little Honda)  that I run in the horse compartment (with all the vents open and all the hay and shaving cleaned out) that makes no more noise than a quiet air compressor, that will run a much bigger fan.

Actually being cold while camping out on a ride has never been a problem for me.  Wool army surplus blankets, a down-filled sleeping bag and as a last ditch effort, one of those thermal tin-foil blankets.  And we're talking in the back of a pickup truck, under a camper shell for my first five or so rides.  I also use a futon (both when I was back in the back of the truck and now in the LQ of my horse trailer) so there's a good eight inches of insulation right there.

You neither need nor want a heater in an enclosed space.  You get into carbon monoxide and smoldering fire issues.

Wear long woolen underwear and snuggle.

Just be sure to have your clothes close to hand for when you need to get up and pull them under the covers for a few minutes when the alarm goes off.

I put mine under the pillow for the next morning.