Re: RC: RE: camping

Tina...

These new propane heaters are "vent-free"....they need no outside air
and have a shut-off when the oxygen drops below a certain level.  The
ones I have are made by Dearborn. Get them at your propane gas
distributor. I should know...I zone heat my whole house with
them....unvented...and they work just great.  In fact, they worked so
great I bought the small (two brick) one for my trailer.  Mounted it on
the wall in the dressing room, drilled a hole through the bottom of the
trailer and attached it to the propane bottle under the gooseneck.
Thermostatic controlled. That same bottle runs my grill, my stove, and
my "heat-exchanger hot water heater" thru a multi-port manifold.  No
cold baths for my little guy...or me.  My crew loves it!  Unlimited hot
water from the 110 gallon tank in the back of my truck. Mini shower
stall in the dressing room fed from outside "on-the-fly" heated water.
Sometimes I have LOTS of friends I didn't know about! :)

Only CYA things I do.  Sleep with the vent above the bed cracked a
little for fresh air.  This also lets the heat rise through the dressing
room and gives you more even heat. Propane "sinks"....thus it will go
DOWN thru the hole where the heater propane hose comes in. I use a 3/4
PVC bushing and nut in the hole and seal it finger tight with a plug
when I travel. If you're paranoid about this, you might install a
propane "sensor" in the trailer.  Available from RV dealers.

In the summer, I run two of the 12 volt "mini-fans" mounted just below
the windows in the "bed" area of the gooseneck.  A deep cycle battery
will run these little guys almost forever. You may not be cool, but it's
at least comfortable.  Generators are just against my principles! <grin>

Jim, Sun of Dimanche, and Mahada Magic