Eastern High Sierra Classic

You can find the photos from yesterdays ride here:
http://www.endurohorse.com/event_pics.asp?1592p1-karen

I have photos up from last years ride too, in case anybody wants to see
more of the trail:
http://www.endurohorse.com/event_pics.asp?1260p1-karen
http://www.endurohorse.com/event_pics.asp?1260p1-karen2

The ride was really nice, as usual.  Jackie had a pretty good turnout.  I
think there were 95 riders on the 50 and a fair amount (40ish?) in the 30
miler.  Somebody else probably knows more about the end results.  There
were 4 vets, Jamie Kerr being the head vet, and lots of p&r and
number/timer checkers.  The trail was marked really well and the dinner was
really great too.

It was kind of weird, to pack up and go to a one day ride.  I had to keep
resisting the urge to pack a huge amount of stuff.   I had to go though,
for the horse of course.  This was Weav's first 50 seven years ago and he's
done it every year since.  We couldn't miss it, afterall he had three weeks
from when the XP ended (he was very bored).  He loves the trail and I sure
enjoy riding him on it.  I sponsored a couple of friends.  One didn't make
it all the way, he got pulled at 45 miles. :+(  The other one had her horse
flip over.  She landed on her back, and the horse landed on his back....it
was a close call!   She finished tho.  Before the ride I had talked both of
them into getting helmets from the vendors there at the ride.  I am glad
they did!

A few riders received the Fire Mt. Horse Excellence Award this year.  You
get that for doing all 4 days (200 miles) of Death Valley, the 20 Mule Team
100 and the EHSC 50 on the same horse.  This years recipients are:  Jamie
Mitchell (on Lancelot who also did 1,000 miles on the XP), Heather
Hackworth, Randy Coleman, Melissa Ribley and Robert
Ribley.  Congratulations on a job well done!

Anybody that did the ride and wants to rate it, go
here:  www.endurohorse.com  (you can do this for any ride you've ridden
too).  Under search, type in the name of the ride.  If enough people do it,
then others can look and get an idea of what a particular ride is like.

Happy Trails,

Karen
in NV
& Rocky, 4,330 miles