Mystery swellings...

After an absolutely wonderful day of trotting, cantering and even galloping
on the beach I am discouraged to find two large swellings on Mystery's back,
one on each side toward his loins where the saddle seat would lie...they
were not there last night when I put him up (a good 5 hours after riding)
but were there today.

Three years ago I used the wrong pad on him for a distance event and did not
take the saddle off during a vet check.  Heat created a checkered pattern of
swellings which took months to heal and his back has been sensitive to heat
since.

My JRD needed resizing / restuffing since his withers have really grown and
developed and his back was sore after the CFW ride.  I had it redone, his
back was completely healed and theres been no indication of soreness for the
pass month or so since I got the saddle back....

"This" swelling appears on both sides, is larger and not sore to the touch,
but nevertheless, is there, and I don't know if I should blame the saddle,
pad, heat or my sloppy posting slamming down on his back, or all of it!  Any
ideas?

I will monitor his back this week to see how long it takes for the  swelling
to go down and the week after next will try to ride the same sort of ride in
the stonewall instead of the jrd to see if it is the saddle.  I'm starting
to think his back will 'always' be heat sensitive and how can I possibly ask
him to do 50 miler if a mere 14 miles will do this to him....

Any advise, comments appreciated....
Kimberly (&Mystery the Morab..."those waves are gonna eat me!")
Kimberly M. Price