Re: RC: B-1

The symptoms you describe are what my mare was exhibiting.  I always
thought she was just "hot" but couldn't explain her hypersensitivity to
brushing, fly spray, or just being touched, even after trying for years
to get her used to it.  She was not like that all the time, but enough
that handling her was a major pain in the butt!  She was also very
fidgety, and VERY spooky.

About a year ago, I started her on Mega Mag vitamin supplement (from
United Vet Equine), because it had B-1 in it, and I had heard about B-1
helping with this.  Mega Mag is balanced, since it has the other B
vitamins in it, and some other good stuff.

I have seen a difference!  It took a few months for it to be really
noticeable, but she is a lot calmer now, almost too calm sometimes (my
formerly hyper horse now prefers to plod along the trail....grrrr).  She
still has her moments,  but over all is a much more trust worthy horse,
and she lets me spray her, brush her, etc. without dancing around and
flinching.

So, maybe it's the B-1, or maybe she's just matured (she's 10 now).  I
dunno.  Just thought I'd share my experience.

Jennifer