saddle i.d.

that's one of the joys of the SR saddles -- each has the saddle production
number on the stirrup fenders.  granted, the fenders can be replaced (it
wouldn't be cheap)  but it's better'n nuthin.  like freeze branding the
horse on the side of the neck where the mane does NOT cover it, i'd prefer
the i.d. on my saddle to be noticeable, not hidden somewhere.  jim made up
a small iron brand years ago and we branded all our tack when we were going
to horse shows.

shoot, guys.  i remember a saddle being taken directly off the horse at
Earl Warren showgrounds in Santa Barbara while the horse was tied to the
trailer.

karen