RE: Top Ten Tips???

> Jocelyn Fuqua noemail@noweb.com
> I borrow a computer. Could someone share some tips for Top Tenning? I hope
> to do a ride in April that we can accieve a top ten. When you go back to
> present to the vet for possible best condition does anyone have some tips
> they can provide?

Hi Jocelyn,

good to hear that you have a computer borrowed. Hopefully it's fit enough to
cover the track with you. Here are some tips for Top Tenning with a
computer:

1. Take care of it! Computers are very sensible.
2. Always make sure you have the power line plugged in. Otherwise the
computer will run out of gas before the first vet-check.
3. Use a good anti-virus programm. Your computer has to be in a healthy
condition, so a virus may destroy all you previous work.
4. If it is a Windows computer, please install the latest version of
Microsoft Windows (2000?). As I am not familiar with Apple and Linux
runners, maybe some breeder of this machines can step in here.
5. Train yourself to use all ten fingers when typing - you will be much
faster.
6. Use the latest drivers. An invalid driver may cause disk sore or, even
worse, data diarrhea. This may lead to a colic and in later stages to a
headcrash (also known as tying-up).
6. Install a good amount of RAM - 256 MB or more. Install 32 MB each day,
beginning four days prior to the start. This technique is also known as
pre-loading.
7. On race-day, give him some extra RAM - he will need it during the race.

If you follow these tips, you should be able to finish Top Ten, maybe
better. But if you plan to finish first (always remember: To Win ist to
Win!), you may have to playn a few years ahead and buy one of those fancy
machines with 1700mHz and all those nifty accessories like
Color-Laserprinter, highspeed scanner, firewire connection etc.

> Sincerely,
> Jocelyn Fuqua

Hope this helps,

Wolfgang Schwingenheuer
Endurance Computer Trainer&Consulter
Germany
BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:2.1
N:Schwingenheuer;Wolfgang
FN:Wolfgang Schwingenheuer
TEL;WORK;VOICE:+49.2932.27073
TEL;CELL;VOICE:+49.171.4147085
TEL;WORK;FAX:+49.2932.27755
ADR;WORK:;;Robert-Koch-Strasse 16;Arnsberg;NRW;D-59755;Germany
LABEL;WORK;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:Robert-Koch-Strasse 16=0D=0AArnsberg, NRW D-59755=0D=0AGermany
X-WAB-GENDER:2
BDAY:19680311
EMAIL;PREF;INTERNET:wsabg@t-online.de
REV:20010613T141742Z