Top Ten Tips???

 >Could someone share some tips for Top Tenning?

The best advice I can think of is...ride your own ride and if you end up
top 10 so be it.  Be very careful about getting too focused on your
placing. It takes your focus off your horse.  I prefer not to know what
position I'm in until I leave the last vet check.  Then, if I happen to
be end up with a group that I know is going to finish 8 thru 11, I might
just mosey on up and make sure I hit top 10.  Duane Barnett once told  me
there's only 2 positions worth racing for.. first and tenth. >g<
However, I've altered that for myself.  Just because you were in 11th
when you left that last check does not mean you've got to pass somebody.
There's always that chance one of the top 10 won't complete and bingo
you're in.  If you want to be top 10, train to go fast, then ride your
own race.  If you've trained well enough you'll get up there.

> When you go  back to present to the vet for possible best condition
does anyone have some  tips
> they can provide?

Well... like Merryben said a great trot out helps, but it won't always
get you there.  I've had lots of high vet scores because my horse has a
great trot out, but there are still 2 more catagories to the
scoring....speed and weight.  So, after you practice that trot out,
either train your horse to be very fast, or go eat lots of chocolate. :-)

Angie
GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.