Re: RC: Re: Horse trailer roadside insurance

  I'm soooo confused all these AAAAAAA's and all have
different meanings!!! In Texas, the Auto Assoc of
America (AAA) does not have road side assistance for
horse trailers. They do for the vehicle pulling the
trailer, but they will not tow the trailer(loaded or
not). Evidently the triple A club in Ca does.

  The best thing to do is check with your state
affiliate and as always make sure it is stated in your
policy. I have personally had experience with AAA and
they will not tow a horse trailer. Nice thing to find
out at 3am in the middle of nowhere with a trailer
full of horses and a sleeping child in the truck!

  I would call Allstate 1-800-214-5132 to get specific
answers to any questions you might have. It will take
a few minutes but they will get a person well versed
in their road side policies that cover horse trailers
to talk to you. Many allstate agents are pretty
clueless when it comes to covering horse trailers and
road side assistance so it's best to go directly to
Allstate. My policy does state they will tow both my
hauling vehicle and my horse trailer (loaded or
empty). Some of the local towing companies may need to
see your policy to verify this and may also ask you to
sign a waiver before they will tow a loaded trailer.
The one that came to rescue my friend didn't.

Penny & Daisy