Re: XP Ride - I am disgusted

That is why we should be careful of how things are worded.  I didn't think telling me that perhaps my opinion is biased because I am friends with one or more of those involved was anything but a personal attack on me.  As you say you did not accuse me of being friends but merely suggested it.  Same difference.  I asked you if you knew these people because I wanted to know your basis for the protest if you did not know there or were not there.  It was simply for information.

I have discouraged discussion on Ridecamp because it is not the proper forum for this particular discussion.  In general yes, about what to do when horses die or get in severe trouble, but not specifically about this particular instance.  While there was no action underway because there was no protest, there is indeed an investigation going on.  By the way it is Dr. Flemming and Dr. Barnett.

I am sorry I have not identified my emails, but I stupidly, or perhaps arrogantly, expect that everyone in endurance riding knows me.  If I can figure out how, I will put an automatic signature on my emails from now on.

I am all for an exchange of information from everyone, AERC member or not, however, when people talk about the AERC Board, AERC rules, etc., I think they should be members.  As a board member, I am supposed to represent the AERC and its membership, not people who can't even bother to pay their dues and join.

I have ridden endurance for 28 years and don't think that I treat those with a few miles as if they don't have a right to voice an opinion, however, having a right to voice an opinion and knowing what you are talking about are two different things.  If I see something on Ridecamp about conditioning or feeding or something of that nature that I think is way off the mark, I would just be interested in seeing how many miles the person has actually ridden.

Maryben