Re: Gu

Kris, I tried Gu on my first marathon. Yuck! It is gross. The sports bars are no different that the snack bars. Same amount of sugar, salt, calories, etc,. I can drink the protein drinks, slim-fast or whatever is on sale easier. Gatorade makes a decent snack bar. I prefer the oatmeal one. Cliff bars are pretty good, crunchy, but very high in sugar. I fed the rest of my Gu packs to the horses. They seemed to like them. Eat what ever you like. The sports foods are just more pricey. A banana and a protein drink carries me to the first vet check or at least two hours. If I don't have something to eat, I get mean and then I want to pass out. That is real hard on your pit crew!  Lisa Salas, The Odd Farm.