Re: Preventing Herd Bound Behavior?

Michelle...

I have not a clue as to why this occurred.  Makes no sense to me.
Usually if a horse is going to behave that way, they will do it on the
very FIRST part of the ride.  Can't believe the hill had anything to do
with it.  I would go back to the de-sensitization routine and just work
with it some more for now...can't do it too much.  Work on "calm down"
cues like dropping her head, use "work" (sidepassing, turning, etc.)
which she behaves this way.  Something she experienced obviously
triggered the behavior...the trick is to find out what it was and work
on that.  Perhaps the next ride will tell you more. I would be
interested to know what happens.  Let me know...

Jim, Sun of Dimanche, and Mahada Magic