Zebras

  I read an artical about the Zebra that was in one of the Old
Dominion rides in the O.D. newsletter.  It was very
interesting.  She ended up pulling part way through the ride -
the zebra just plain ran out of gas.  There were some
interesting facts in the artical.  The three different types of
Zebras (I forget the names) are in fact distinct species and
have very different habits.  The one she rode is a variety (
mountain zebra, I think?) that is NOT a herd animal, and
therefore does not act like a horse: for example, they hate
being brushed (not being a herd animal, it has no 'mutual
grooming' instinct.)  Her zebra was also a variety that is
nocturnal, which was part of the reason she had to pull from
the ride - he wanted to sleep!   She got her zebra from someone
who could not handle it (was graining it) and who (I believe)
was planning to put it down.  She said while zebras do not make
good riding animals they can in fact be tamed, but you have to
get over expecting them to behave like horses: they are NOT
just horses with stripes.

  It was a facinating story.  I apologize if I have mangled any
of the facts - I read the story awhile ago.

Get your own "800" number
Voicemail, fax, email, and a lot more
http://www.ureach.com/reg/tag