Re: Re: where to get ex-racehorse arabs?

Her biggest fears from the track are rough men and whips.  Can NOT carry a riding crop with her, it panicks her(dressage background for me, I just carry one).  Other than that, I am very happy with her.  We've bonded well and she's a jewel.
Katee

Hi Katee-
I found the same situation with at least one of our track-returnees.  During track-races, the crop is used at the rump, side, on the shoulder and/or waved alongside the face.  A horse that has learned to "turn it on" and go all-out at those cues will take a good amount of time to de-sensitize and re-school to non-race crop use.  I've done it........lot's of time, patience and repetition of no-shy cues.  Start with ground-work de-sensitization to the crop.

Kathleen
http://www.sunnylandarabians.com

---
Checked by Expert Anti-Virus.