Re: Re: where to get ex-racehorse arabs?

Maybe I should point out that actually, one of my horses is also an ex-racehorse, an Appendix quarterhorse.  I found her breeder and although she was from good racing stock, she herself saw no reason to hurry to get to the end of the straight, since whatever needed to be done down there could be accomplished by all these other horses galloping away from her <g>.  From what I heard it was all they could do to get her to break out of a trot. :-)

I didn't get her right off the track, I'm sorry to say she had a rough time being rodeoed and by the time I got her off the killer truck, her legs are pretty scarred up and she has alot of arthritis and blown tendons and joints.  But she's the ultimate babysitter for kids and lets them climb all over her like a jungle gym.  Much more than that and she's lame, but she's sound enough for trucking kids around the arena and on short trails now and then without being uncomfortable.

When I first got her, I had my vet come to check her over and introduced her as "my new Tevis prospect".  I thought he was going to have a heart attack. <VBG>

JME

Susan G