Re: where to get ex-racehorse arabs?

I bought an ex-racehorse mare a couple of years ago and I like her.  I looked at her pedigree(mostly linebred Fadjur, through proven racehorse lines), her legs(good bone)and her overall body type(full bodied, but lean, with a loooonnnnngggg hip), and her feet(very nice).  She didn't go to the track until age 4 1/2, and didn't run with enough heart to win.  She had also been raised on a huge, rocky, mountainside pasture until she went to the track.  She had done only so-so in three to four races, and so the owner dumped her. A trail rider bought her, and rode all over.  I bought her from this gal.
The mare has a fabulous walk, and came trained with a lot of the basics.  She bathes easily, ties forever, and is very happy not to have to run anymore.  She'd rather trot and walk.  Just recently she has willingly dropped into a gallop and we had a bit of fun(oh, boy, she has some speed!), but it is obvious that being forced to run in competition was a bad experience for her.  She loves being in pasture with herdmates again. Her biggest fears from the track are rough men and whips.  Can NOT carry a riding crop with her, it panicks her(dressage background for me, I just carry one).  Other than that, I am very happy with her.  We've bonded well and she's a jewel.
Katee