Re: RC: was SUMMER BREEZE/now health certs

I've heard of people being stopped in a lot of states, I just never have. I always have a certificate anyway. You sort of have to be in the right place at the right time or there has to be something like VS when they are on alert. I got pretty irritated when several years ago we were going from CO back to FL, stopping to do a ride in TX. I called Nancy Loving who came out to write a health
certificate. She told me to call TX (gave me the number) and ask if they required a 48 hour certificate since there was a VS outbreak. They did. So she gave us a regular certificate and a "special certificate." Of course no one in TX cared enough to check it.

And as my vet often says, all the health certificates and all the ag stops won't stop the transport of sick horses by those people who want to move sick horses for whatever reason.

Truman