Re: Re: Re: nutritional analysis ugliness

> The DE level exceeds what she should need.  She should be bouncing off the
> walls and fat, but she's not - and we're at only about 40 miles per week.
??

All the formulas for estimating DE requirements are just that, an estimate.
There are a lot of factors that can add into the equation, including just
variation between individuals.  You could increase the beet pulp and oil if
you wanted to and if she'd eat it.  If she was just getting full, you could
back down on the grass/alfalfa and replace it with beet pulp to a large
extent, which would increase the caloric density.

Good luck,
Susan G