Re: RC: Leases/ horse selling

In a message dated 7/9/01 12:43:59 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
rides2far@Juno.com writes:

<< Check me out.
 Look at my horses. Ask about my reputation. Then it's time to cut the
 strings and let the horse go.

I disagree.  I bred this horse and feel I have a responsibility to her.  I
sold her once to a home where I had gotten references for the buyer, but
still she was starved and neglected.  I was sick to my stomach when I saw her
and her full sister so emaciated; I do not wish to see that happen to her
again.  If the buyer decides at some point that he or she does not want
Knightmare, I'll take her back.  If a person does not like the conditions I
put on a lease or a sale, that person is free to walk away.  I'm not breaking
anyone's arm to buy this horse; in part because I'd just as soon keep her
because she's a phenomenal athlete.  There's enough unwanted, unloved animals
in the world that mine does not need to be one of them.  If I cannot find her
a home with someone who adores her, I'll keep her.

Rhonda