Good riding news

Hi everyone! I am very happy that I have finally started my three year old filly  under saddle. I was going to have my trainer friend help me, for fear of getting munched and then what do I do with my kids when I have broken bones and stuff?  But the trainer left town for a month or so, and the filly seemed mentally ready and I was itching to get on, so I did and it's been great! (reminds me of when I was twenty--that itch to start the horse)  I am just working her in the round pen, under saddle for 6 days, and today she had her first trot.
    I also got to ride my neighbors Haflinger, he wants me to get her used to the local trails for his family.  She has been in training and is fun to ride in the Arena, she does shoulder in, and really collects. Nice potential dressage pony.  This same neighbor went out on Saturday, and rode up on a very large bear, only about a mile from our house and in broad daylight. He estimated it to be about 300 lbs. This man is a hunter, but he was kind of scared because he was astride at the time, and everyone was surprised. Funny though, he said he rarely ever saw a bear on bear hunts! Only twice!   I laughed and told him I see them all the time around here. They think I'm "Snow White" or something, all the wild creatures come out for me, I have such good luck!  We have many deer, bobcats, coyotes, mountain lions, bears, and small animals nearby. Now he says, he wants to go riding in that area again and bring a camera.
   My other mare, the lame one, is happily in foal to Al Marah Quebec, and her lameness problem has subsided though.  I try very hard to disuade her from pawing when she wants to be fed and so forth, I think that really contributed greatly to her problem with her fetlock joint. She always paws with her right leg, and that is the damaged one.
   happy riding!   Beth