Re: Barefoot,reply to Bob Morris/educate yourselves with more than one reference

In a message dated Mon, 2 Jul 2001  8:16:25 PM Eastern Daylight Time, MARYYG writes:

<< In a message dated 6/27/01 6:33:25 PM Eastern Daylight Time, CMKSAGEHIL@aol.com writes:

<<Can't remember where, as it's been ages ago, but I remember seeing slow motion films of this phenomenon, used to teach farriers why not to put nails in the back of the hoof>>

 I have the video , it shows a speciem foot being loaded by a hydrolic press in which the heel expansion is shown and exploited by a ink marker to show how much expansion takes place when the leg is fully loaded. It is Dr. Chris Pollitt's video from about 10-12 years ago.   >>

Not sure where this response to my post came from, but I must have missed it.  No, the video I saw was of an actual live hoof, on a live horse, on some sort of a treadmill, and you could see the heels expand on impact.  Very fascinating clip.  Wish to heck I could remember when and where I saw it...

Heidi