Re: Barefoot,reply to Bob Morris/educate yourselves with more than one reference

In a message dated 6/27/01 6:33:25 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
CMKSAGEHIL@aol.com writes:

<<Can't remember where, as it's been ages ago, but I remember seeing slow
motion films of this phenomenon, used to teach farriers why not to put
nails in the back of the hoof>>

   I have the  video  , it shows a speciem foot being loaded by a hydrolic
press in which the heel expansion is shown and exploited by a ink marker to
show how much expansion takes place when the leg is fully loaded. It is Dr.
Chris Pollitt's video from about 10-12 years ago.

   There is also a portion of the video in which the""wall or horn is
removed ABOVE the sole and a shoe is nail on the speciem foot in which it
shows sole pressure from the shoe, and little to  no venous blood return up
the leg of due to sole pressure"".  This goes back to the book by Strasser or
her interpertuer of her writings, " Dr. Pollitt says nailing on shoes creates
sole pressure", that the half truths and mis qouates are in the book to sell
a fad or a notion of one size fits all, or cookie cutting. I like learning
about new things but when it is published to be a one sided affair that's
when i read with apprehension.

  We can discuss this thing to death, the best thing is to educate
yourselves people about your horse's legs and feet with more than one
reference. Hoofcare and lameness.com has numerous books and videos for your
enjoyment.

Jaye