Check it Out!
[Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
[Date Index] [Thread Index] [Author Index] [Subject Index]

Re: Lyme.

I would wait for symptoms. Symptoms would be any odd swelling, odd lameness or odd fatigue and that is odd for this horse.
Dolores Arste
eCommerce Technology, Technology Integration
Phone - 518.882.6485
Fax - 518.882.5366
eFax- 208-379-1088
Cell phone - 518.461.3470
Voice/Numeric Pager - 518.865.6113
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, June 27, 2001 12:16 PM
Subject: RC: Lyme.

This horse is not yet exhibiting any symptoms.  We don't really even know if
it's been exposed. We're assuming that there is a good chance that it has
because the rider presented with the classic rash on her back last weekend
and is currently being treated. If the horse has been exposed, it would
probably have been about 1 1/2 to 2 weeks ago.  If the test is unreliable, is
it prudent to just begin treatment?  Or should we wait a few weeks until
testing becomes somewhat more viable?
We have found a vet who will test.
However, he seems somewhat reluctant to treat until the horse either tests
positive or shows symptoms.  Does this make sense or should we just go ahead
and start?
This is a very confusing disease.  
The more I'm learning, the less I know.   >g<

Thanks everyone,

    Check it Out!    

Home    Events    Groups    Rider Directory    Market    RideCamp    Stuff

Back to TOC