Re: mentoring

Title: Re: mentoring
 I  seems that the volunteer plan doesn't seem to be working. I recd a note from a gal that has been on the mentor list for 2 years, only one call, I have been on it for a year, and no calls.

A lot of that has to do with where you are and where they are.

I've been looking for a CTR mentor for the last two years.  I have a lady who's been doing her best to mentor me, but she's two-and-a-half-hours away.

If you know of any mentors North of Austin, Texas and South of Temple, Texas, I'd love to hear from them.

Another factor is riding style.  I'm a speed freak.  I'll go as fast as I can without hurting my horse (or another rider and their horse).

If you find a mentor, you've got to find out where they like to ride in the pack, and what their current horse is up to doing (there's a lot of people willing to mentor because they're 'going slow with a new horse').

I can't thank my current mentor enough (Hi Doe!).  I just wish she were closer so we could work on more conditioning together.