sugar beet pulp by another name?

>>I am looking for Sugar beet pulp in Australia and am told it's not
available here - I always thought it was a by-product of sugar production.
What is it actually?  Maybe it goes by another name here - if I know what it
is, I can investigate further.

Hi, Dianne,

I tried for ages to find sugar beet pulp in SA, but we also don't have it.
We make our sugar from sugar cane.  As SA and Australia have similar
climates and similar histories (colonial countries, etc), it's possible that
you may find that you can't get it there, either.

In which case, you're welcome to join my Society Against The Use Of The
Words "Sugar Beet" On Ridecamp Because It Makes Me Insanely Jealous >g<

Tracey